Hi, it’s Maria.
Excuses for owning sock yarn.
1. It’s pretty
2. It costs less than yarn for a sweater
3. All those colors!!!
4. It has no calories or fat or sugar.
5. It’s more fun than being pregnant.
6. It doesn’t argue with me.
7. It still fits in one laundry basket (piled high).
8. The people dying it have to make a living.
9. It’s cotton pickin’ cold in Minnesota.
10. So many brands, so little time.
11. I never know what I might need at midnight when I’m starting a project.
12. My kids need to stay warm. (oh, I buy their socks at Wal-Mart)
13. I might need bra padding. (I wish!)
What, you want to know the answer? OK, Ronda was only off by one. I should make you go back and dig in the comments and figure it out, but I won’t.
I have yarn for 103 pairs of socks.
What am I going to do with all that yarn? I think I see eBay listings in my future!!!
I have Socks that Rock, Fleece Artist, Great Adirondack, Fearless Fibers, Scout’s Swag, Lorna’s Laces, Dream in Color, Jitterbug, Opal, Melleinweit, and more. It did all fit in the laundry basket!!
Oh, and the winning guess for Lexi is texanpurls. She (and Ronda, the other winner) both guessed 14, but since Ronda won on mine, texanpurls gets the other prize. Oh, Lexi has ONE skein of sock yarn. It’s Socks that Rock in the Rose Quartz colorway. She also says it’s not going to be socks.
Ronda and texanpurls, please contact me at mariajh1 at msn dot com. Let me know what your favorite color is. I’ll bet I have it.
OK, I have to tell you about my last sock yarn order. First of all, it was ordered before I counted my sock yarn. I ordered from Woolgirl. I can’t brag enough about them. My order came wrapped in different colors of tissue paper. There were little samples of wool wash and hand soap mixed in as well. It made for a really fun Monday morning. Their specialty is indie dyers, and oh my, are there some gorgeous colors. And…..I joined their sock club!!!
I have to go. I have sock yarn yelling at me. I’ll take a photo soon of all my socks so you know that I do use a small percentage of the yarn I buy!
Hey Lexi, where’s the weirdest place you’ve knit recently?