Top 10 ways we know we’re not in Minnesota:
10. I can’t gaze at my yarn stash.
9. There’s not a pile of paperwork on the counter staring at me.
8. Our entire family is in one place for the first time since March.
7. I just swept sand up off the floor.
6. The dog isn’t around to snuggle!
5. We’re going to Paula Deen’s restaurant this week!
4. When I take a photo of yarn, there’s ocean in the background!
3. I haven’t put on shoes yet today.
2. I doused everyone around in sunscreen this afternoon.
And the number 1 reason I know we’re not in Minnesota:
Since Saturday afternoon, I’ve been sitting around on the deck knitting! I’m working on the Counterpane Blouse. I’m using some Claudia’s Handpaint Linen that I purchased at Loops last year. I paid way too much for it, and it’s been staring at me from a basket. I wound it a long time ago, and then never started anything! It’s not very fun to knit with. Claudia uses Euroflax linen as her base, and it’s like knitting with string. Here’s the bodice:
I finished the top and now it’s blocking. I wanted to make sure the lace was going to lay flat before I got all crazy and finished it and found out the lace looked horrible! It looks to me like it’s going to be just fine.
Now it’s the end of the day, and the bodice is wet. I need to find something else to knit. I think I’ll work on the Adamas shawl for a while. I’m woefully behind on mine. Mary is already finished!!! She really needed me to get her to knit lace, didn’t she? Ha!
Well, the deck and my knitting are calling me. I can get a few more rows in before it gets dark!