1. I just realized I never did a photo shoot of my Traveling Woman Shawl.
I knit it using some yarn I overdyed at Sock Camp. I was thrilled with the colors and I really like the shawl!
2. The kids start school 3 weeks from Monday. I think most of them are ready. I probably will be too!
3. We had dinner guests last night, and I made roasted vegetables. I wish you could have smelled them!
See those bright purple things? They’re potatoes. I just combine a whole bunch of veggies, marinate them in 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of olive oil, some rosemary, basil, oregano, and some seasoned salt. Roast them at 400 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes. My dad got me started on these, and even people that don’t normally like vegetables will eat them!
4. My aunt came over yesterday. She was quilting a quilt and I worked on my Cloud Chaser Vest. I’m doing the ribbing on the second armhole and it’s finished!!! I’m ready to work on something else.
5. I made a coffee cake yesterday and it was wonderful. I made two more today for a bridal shower. It’s the Nutty Orange Coffee Cake from Paula Deen. Yesterday, I changed the recipe a bit, and instead of putting cream cheese in it, I used almond paste and almonds. I think this is a recipe that you could vary a lot. The original is hard to beat though.
6. Next week, we buy school supplies and do eye appointments and orthodontist appointments.
7. We have something new going up in the back yard. It’s not nearly finished, but I’m getting pretty excited about it!
I need my sister to come back and deadhead flowers. I wish I was as addicted to gardening as I am to knitting. I’m just not!
8. Frankie’s home again! He went on vacation with a friends family. He had a great time. The only bad thing is that now he and Ms In Charge will fight. I didn’t miss that last week!
So…was that random enough?
I’m going to go finish that vest!!!