As I’ve long documented here, I’ve had a hate/hate relationship with my longarm quilt machine for as long as I’ve had the blog.
Last week, I finally conquered another quilt!
Last year I made Dreamboy a quilt that I thought would turn a girly room into one for a guy. He wasn’t thrilled with the quilt.
As you can see, the quilt perfectly matches the wallpaper. I thought the geometric quilting and the brown Euro shams helped. While he wasn’t jumping up and down with joy (not that he’d do that anyway) he was ok with it. The other reason I wanted it finished and on his bed was that it was his 17th birthday.
I have two more quilts that I absolutely have to finish in the next few months. My sister made a quilt for her daughter for a wedding gift, and my gift is to quilt it. And then I have to get a quilt finished for Superblonde. She heads off to college this fall (boooo!!!!) and her grandma pieced a quilt for her.
I spent all of yesterday sorting yarn and fiber. The far side of my bed looked like an episode of Hoarders. I should have taken before and after photos. And I found out there was a window seat in my bedroom. Who knew! So now my bedroom looks great, but there are disasters everywhere else in the house.
Oh, and yesterday was our 26th wedding anniversary. My Hero and I did take a little time to go out for dinner.
Time to tackle the next mess!